While deciding the perfect group of super-foods to match together, Cacao was one we just could not manage to leave behind. Native to the Amazon Basin, during harvest, pods of cacao are opened, the seeds are removed, as the empty pods are discarded. The seeds are then placed to ferment. In our recipe, we don't include Cocoa, we source the finest Cacao from our contact in the Amazon Basin. The major factor that makes Cacao much finer than Cocoa, is that it is simply the unprocessed version of the Cacao bean derived from the Theobroma Tree. Normal Cocoa powder & chocolate are chemically processed & roasted, destroying a large amount of the antioxidants & flavanols. So we make sure to provide you with the best of the best in our recipe of brew.
- Cacao is another super-food, meaning it is rich with anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, & much more health-aiding, anti-aging, disease fighting goodies.
- Raw Organic Cacao (the type we include in our recipe), has 40x the amount of antioxidants as blueberries.
- The highest plant-based source of Iron known to man. 7.3 mg per 100g. Beef & Lamb are at 2.5 mg, spinach at 3.6.... Just wow.
- Iron in Cacao is Non-Heme, harder to absorb. Take Vitamin C or consume fruits with plenty of Vitamin C to aid absorption.
- Cacao is also known to be one of the highest plant-based sources of Magnesium. The most deficient mineral in the western world.
- Magnesium aids in a healthy heart, turns glucose into energy, having your brain work with sharp clarity & focus. Who needs coffee with uncomfortable anxiety & stomach cramps to study all night anymore? Just turn to the ingredients in our Urth Brew to help aid your study sessions while relaxed & calm.
- Cacao is known to be a great source for four calming chemicals; Serotonin, Tryptophan, Tyrosine, & Phenylethylamine. These neurotransmitters are associated with cozy feelings of well-being, happiness, & can even alleviate depression. An all natural, & legal way to relax your mind & body.
- Raw Organic Cacao has more calcium than cow's milk, an appalling fact that leaves people questioning why milk is the drink known for strong bones. 160 mg per 100 g versus 125 mg with milk.
- Improves libido, & thins blood which can prevent clots
- Contains a molecule known as the "bliss molecule". Anandamide - which gives you feelings of euphoria.
- Cacao is also known to prevent premature aging, helps shed fat, creates better sleeping patterns, lowers fatigue, & helps aid in stronger hair, skin, & nails.