Another beneficial plant which contributes to creating this legendary amalgam of earthly ingredients, M. Oleifera is a drought-resistant, rapidly-growing tree native to tropical & subtropical regions of South Asia. It is usually cultivated for its seed pods, however, the leaves are also used as traditional herbal medicine or even as vegetables.
- It goes by a variety of names, drumstick tree, horseradish tree, or ben oil tree.
- Moringa leaves are a great source of rich vitamins & minerals. One cup of fresh leaves contains;
Iron: 11% of RDA
Vitamin A (from beta-carotene): 9% of RDA
Vitamin C: 12% of RDA
Vitamin B6: 19% of RDA
Magnesium: 8% of RDA
Protein: 2 grams
Riboflavin (B2): 11% of RDA
- M. Oleifera is also rich in various antioxidants, such as quercetin & chlorogenic acid.
- Quercetin: A powerful antioxidant that may help lower blood pressure.
- Chlorogenic Acid: May help keep your blood sugar levels controlled after a meal. Moringa Leaf is a known natural remedy for lowering blood sugar.
- In animal & test-tube studies, this herb has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Both animal & human based studies also show that Moringa oleifera can lower your cholesterol levels, reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Studies in mice & rats have also suggested that the herb may protect against arsenic toxicity, a problem in many parts of the world.
Using Urth to help the people of Earth...