I'm sure you're wondering, people actually take mushrooms as a supplement? Yes, actually this is very true, & you're about to find out exactly why these little magical beings have helped us for many years medicinally.
- The reishi mushroom, which also goes by Lingzhi, is a type of fungi that grows in many hot & humid areas in Asia. For many years, it has been a notoriety in Eastern medicine.
- Several molecules in this mushroom such as triterpenoids, polysaccharides and peptidoglycans, may be responsible for its health effects.
- Reishi mushroom may reinforce immune function through its effects on white blood cells, which help battle infection & cancer.
- More reseach is needed in this aspect, but it is true that reishi mushrooms may withhold some promise for cancer prevention or treatment.
- Preliminary studies have also shown that this fungus could decrease anxiety & depression as well as improve the quality of life.
- Research has also shown that is could improve good cholesterol or blood sugar. However, majority of research proves otherwise.