Our last natural fusion of ingredients is available exclusively in our RECIPE Nº 9 which consists of our Urth Blend, a unique mixture of earthly roots, known for its delicious & sweet coffee-like flavor. Using raw elements like chicory root & beetroot, this is an intriguing herbal favorite to all without the caffeine guilt. Combined with roasted barley, rye, & dandelion root, it adds a unique flavor that appeases the satisfaction of every coffee/chai connoisseur. Below you'll see in-depth explanations of each ingredient.
- Used as an alternative to coffee during a major shortage in France in the 1800's.
- One raw chicory root (60 grams) consists of the following;
Protein: 0.8 grams
Carbs: 10.5 grams
Fat: 0.1 grams
Fiber: 0.9 grams
Vitamin B6: 7% of RDI
Potassium: 5% of RDI
Vitamin C: 5% of RDI
Folate: 3% of RDI
Phosphorus: 4% of RDI
Manganese: 7% of RDI
- Chicory root is a great source of inulin, a type of prebiotic fiber linked to increased weight loss & better gut health. Studies show that it may also decrease insulin resistance & lower blood pressure.
- Studies show that it could also improve bowel activity & reduce constipation.
- Animal studies have found that chicory root may also reduce inflammation.
An excellent substitute for coffee...
- A rich source of many vitamins, minerals, & fiber. iron, calcium, magnesium, & potassium are among those.
- Dandelion is a rich source of beta-carotene & polyphenolic compounds, both known to have powerful antioxidant capabilities that may prevent aging & certain diseases.
- Animal & test tube studies suggest it may also help fight inflammation.
- Contains bioactive compounds shown to reduce blood sugar in animal & test-tube studies.
- Dandelion has also shown reduced cholesterol levels in animal studies.
- May lower blood pressure due to the diuretic effect and potassium content.
- Animal studies show that dandelion protect liver tissue from toxic substances & oxidative stress, like many of our other ingredients in Urth Brew. May aid weight loss, increase contractions & movement of your GI tract, acting as a treatment to constipation/indigestion, reduce growth of cancer cells in various organ tissue, protect against harmful sun rays, aging & skin irritation such as acne, & may even support healthy bones, however human research is still lacking.
- Barley tea is most commonly cultivated in Japan & Korea where it became a popular drink in both summer & winter. It's usually harvested early summer, then brewed using roasted, unhulled barley seeds.
- Consists of a toasty flavor with very slight bitter undertones. Often described as nutty & light. Caffeine-free of course, as all of our ingredients.
- Known to help relieve painful symptoms of heartburn, stomach cramps, nausea, constipation, & acid reflux.
- Contains large amounts of Vitamin C which helps protect your immune system from disease, also increasing your production of white blood cells, making it easier for your body to battle infection.
- Barley is also known to help improve blood fluidity & prevent cardiovascular illnesses such as blood clot & heart attacks. The presence of the flavanoid Alkylpyrazine is responsible for this effect.
- Contains antioxidants & polyphenols that can prevent teeth from decaying, & also protect them from plaque build-up.
- Consists several compounds including melatonin & tryptophan that can help you sleep better. The compounds trigger neurotransmitters in your brain that help you relax & feel sleepy. Also known to activate GABA receptors in the brain, making it a healthier alternative to anti-anxiety medications such as Xanax or Valium.
- Contains high amounts of selenium, a mineral linked to fertility in men.
Don't ever worry about falling asleep on a cup of brew, we balance all of our ingredients perfectly to achieve the best taste possible along with an impeccable balance of effects... just the right stimulation & just the right sedation will give the effect we crafted for excellence, leading the alternative coffee industry.
Remember those juicy, sweet, purple vegetables called beets that you've probably never heard of? Well if you have, yeah, they're in our drink too. Don't judge. Extracts of the dried, ground beet-root powder, we needed this in our brew & you'll see why.
- Even though they have the highest sugar content of all vegetables, you can safely eat it a few times a week, enjoying their sweet, earthy flavor but also their powerhouse nutrients along with them.
- Beet root is known to lower blood pressure.
- Increases plasma nitrate levels & boosts physical performance.
- Research shows beet-root reduced multi-organ tumor formations in various animal models when administered in drinking water.
- Helps in detoxification of the liver due to betaine; a substance known to prevent or reduce fatty deposits in the liver which may also help protect your liver from toxins.
- High in vitamin C, folate, fiber, & essential minerals such as potassium & manganese.
Sweet, earthy, & filled with powerhouse nutrients...
A member of the wheat tribe, Secale cereale (Rye) is a grass grown as a grain. It's currently being grown in Turkey & neighboring regions. It was also known to be widely cultivated during Roman times, and more likely even earlier as well, due to how easy it is to grow & how good of an agricultural staple it's been.
- Rich in nutrients, minerals, vitamins, & organic compounds. Manganese, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, B-complex vitamins, dietary fiber, & phenolic antioxidant compounds.
- Essential for weight loss efforts due to the type of fiber in rye which is unique in extremely binding with water molecules, meaning it makes you feel full rather quickly.
- Known to reduce the amount of bile acids formed, which is the main cause of gallstone development.
- Compared to wheat, which causes a spike in insulin levels in the body, rye is composed of larger molecules that are not broken down as quickly, therefore having less of an effect on blood sugar.
- Rye can reduce excess gas, ease stomach pain & cramping, & may even prevent serious conditions like ulcers, gallstones, or even colon cancer.
- Known for it's aid in boosting metabolic performance, preventing asthma, lowering blood pressure, & even preventing cancer .
Topping off this amalgam of ancient ingredients, giving Recipe #9 the perfect imitation coffee flavor but with the widest range of health benefits you could possibly get in a morning mug of brew...